What should I know before going to Spain?
You can find direct flights from France to land in Valencia, Seville, La Coruña and many other Spanish cities. On arrival, there is no jet lag or change of currency: traveling to Spain is the ideal solution for finding the sun without leaving Europe!
From which airports in France can I reach Spain?
The 3 Paris airports, Paris-Beauvais airport (BVA), Paris-Orly airport (ORY) and Paris Charles-de-Gaulle airport (CDG). On the provincial side, Marseille (MRS), Bordeaux (BOD) and Mulhouse (MLH) offer many flights to Spain.
Which airlines fly to Spain?
Several large regular companies provide connections between the two neighboring countries: Air Iberia, KLM, Lufthansa, or even Air Europa. The low-cost offer has exploded in recent years so that you can find direct flights to Spain from a large number of French airports for less than 50€ round trip with the companies RyanairVueling, Volotea and Transavia.
What are the main airports in Spain?
The two largest airports in Spain are in Madrid (MAD) and Barcelona (BCN). The Balearic and Canary Islands have their own airport: Palma de Mallorca Airport (PMI), Fuerteventura Airport (FUE), among others.
When to book your flight to Spain?
In Spain, the climate is quite generous all year round, but some months are more favorable than others to discover the country. From May to October, the conditions are the most pleasant on the whole territory. The high season of July and August remains the most popular period for tourists in search of beach and sun, but it is also a period of very hot weather in almost all of the country. So if you want to get away from the tourist bustle and have a more temperate climate, opt for spring or autumn. In addition, spring is a time of year filled with various festivals and celebrations that make the country rich. Among them, you can attend the famous Holy Week or "Semana Santa", throughout Spain, or the Feria de Sevilla among others. Finally, and as all the reasons are good in Spain to celebrate, whatever the season and the day of your stay, you will certainly attend one of the many traditional festivals on site. So remember to find out before you leave! In general, if you compare your ticket 2 to 3 months in advance on Liligo, you are sure to get the best price.
How long is the flight to Spain?
From mainland France, it takes between 30 minutes and 3 hours of flight to reach Spain. For a flight Paris - Barcelona, count 1h40 on average, against 2h of flight for a flight Paris - Madrid, and 2h30 for a flight Paris - Malaga.
When is the best time to go to Spain?
Due to its geographical location, between the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea, Spain is subject to several influences depending on the region and has five main climates:
- In the northwest of the country, in the regions of Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria and the Basque Country, the oceanic climate brings rather mild and humid summers and winters with particularly abundant rainfall from October to April. During the winter, the average temperatures oscillate around 8°C, while for the hottest months, they are around 23°C.
- On the east coast of the country as well as in the Balearic Islands, the Mediterranean climate gives rise to mild winters and hot summers, precipitation is rarer and occurs during the shoulder seasons.
- The center of the country has a continental-type climate with much more marked seasons. The winters are very cold and dry and the summers particularly hot.
- The Pyrenees in the northern regions of Navarre, Aragon and Catalonia as well as in the Sierra Nevada, testify to a mountain climate progressively colder and snowier with altitude.
- Finally, there is an almost African climate in the interior regions of the south (Andalusian plain and low areas of Extremadura) with very hot summers that can reach 45 degrees, and very mild winters.
Is a visa required to travel to Spain?
Spain is part of the EU and the Schengen Area, a simple identity card is enough for the usual checks at the airport.
What to do in Spain?
- Barcelona : the Rambla is the real artery of the city, dotted with small shops and flower sellers, not to mention its living statues and mimes. Barcelona is also the beauty of Gaudi's whimsical works: the Sagrada Familia and Parc Güell. A stay in Barcelona is also the way to stroll through the fishing district and its many narrow streets with Mediterranean charm, and treat yourself to a refreshing swim on the many beaches bordering the city.
- Madrid : you will quickly be caught up in the whirlwind of Madrid nights by staying in the Chueca district. On the cultural side: the Prado museums and the Thyssen Bornemisza museum are must-sees.
- Andalusia : Seville will delight you with the beauty of its streets and monuments with Christian and Muslim influences. Don't miss a visit to the cities of Granada and its famous Alhambra palace, Cordou and its Mezquita, Cadiz and the unmissable Seville. Introduce yourself to the frantic rhythms of flamenco and marvel at the beauty of the historical jewels of this region of southern Spain.
- The North-west : from Galicia to Aragon, northern Spain is still unknown to tourists, yet it offers some nice surprises! Small typical stone villages (don't miss those of Aínsa and Sos del Rey Católico, at the foot of the Pyrenees), an unspoiled coastline alongside superb beaches and charming fishing villages, a green hinterland, a medieval atmosphere, especially in the famous Santiago de Compostela (unique place of pilgrimage) and recognized traditional gastronomy. Your holidays in Northern Spain promise to be unforgettable.
- The Center region : among the essentials, we recommend: las Rozas de Madrid for all lovers of hiking and windsurfing in the many artificial lakes around the capital. The discovery of the natural, archaeological and historical wealth of the largest province of Spain - Badajoz. As well as the cities of Caceres and Toledo for their strong cultural heritage marked by the Muslim and Jewish religions.
Where to spend your holidays in Spain?
Like France or Italy, Spain is experiencing a North/South divide. These are then very different climates, landscapes and traditions. Just think of Andalusia and Catalonia! Climate and relief could well influence the choice of your vacation.
- Beach : it's a bit like Spain's key asset! Its entire west and south coast is dotted with beaches and famous seaside resorts such as Malaga or Lloret de Mar. Costa Del Sol, Costa Brava, Costa Blanca, you just have to choose!
- Urban getaway : Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Bilbao, Spain has no shortage of incredible cities to visit!
- Family holidays : Zoo in Barcelona, amusement parks in Madrid and of course huge aquatic complexes on the Costa Brava and the Costa Del Sol, Spain is a destination of choice for family holidays!
By the sea as in the cities but also on the Canary and Balearic Islands, you will find hotels, youth hostels and holiday apartments well located and often near the beaches.
What are the prices of accommodation for a trip to Spain?
Our table above shows starting prices for one night for one person. It gives you a first insight into the room prices ofhotel in spain.